Petition for Dissolution of a Non-Covenant Marriage Without Children

[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]

 What is a Petition for Dissolution of Non-Covenant Marriage Without Children?

Petition for Dissolution Non-Covenant Without Children

Sample of Petition for Dissolution of Non-Covenant Marriage Without Children document created with Access Legal

This petition initiates divorce proceedings in Maricopa County when there are no minor children of the marriage. This is the document to file if your children are all of age (over the age of 18). If you are pregnant, but have no other children, you may file this document or a Petition for Dissolution of a Non-Covenant Marriage With Children.

What Should I Know?

Filed with the other documents required by the State of Arizona, this Petition contains the statement that your “marriage is irretrievably broken.”

Sign up for a free Access Legal account to get started now.

The person who files the Petition will be known as the Petitioner throughout all proceedings, even in the future if modification or enforcement is necessary. The other party is called the Respondent, and he or she has an obligation to respond (“answer”) to the Petition in a time frame specified by the Maricopa County Courts (usually 20 days).

You and/or your spouse must have lived in Arizona for at least the past 90 days to be eligible to file in Arizona.

What Do I Need?

To fill out the document, be prepared with basic information like your

  • Address
  • Occupation
  • Date of marriage

Be prepared to discuss how you would like the property and debts to be divided, whether or not you would like spousal maintenance, if you would like to have your maiden name restored or any other orders you would like when you get divorced.

Do I have a Covenant Marriage?

Not sure if your marriage is a Covenant or not? Convenant Marriages were created by the Arizona Legislature on August 21, 1998 and require the following characteristics:

  • Pre-marital counseling
  • Written statement requesting a Covenant Marriage signed by both parties and attached to the marriage license application
  • The words “Covenant Marriage” on your Marriage License

The Access You Deserve

Representing yourself in a family court case doesn’t mean you have to go it alone. Access Legal is here for you. Sign up for free to see the legal documents you’ll need for your case. You don’t pay anything until you’re ready to create a document.