[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
What is a Request for Hearing/Response to Petition to Modify Child Support “Simplified Procedure”?
When a Petition to Modify Child Support “Simplified Procedure” is filed, meaning the filing party has shown the Court that there is at least a 15% difference in the current child support amount and the child support amount they are requesting. In the event that you do not agree with what is stated in the Petition, you may request a hearing so that you and the other party can submit information to the Court as to why each of your positions is correct or incorrect. This can also be called a Response to Petition to Modify Child Support “Simplified Procedure”. <button data-doc=”MTQx” class=”getAldPkg”>Get Started With This Package</button>
How do I Complete the Request for Hearing/Petition to Modify Child Support “Simplified Procedure”?
This is completed in much the same manner as any other Response to a Petition for Modification. You review each paragraph and decide if you agree or disagree. If you agree you can simply say you agree. If you disagree, say that you disagree and then state why and what you think the new orders should be.
What do I Need to Complete the Request for Hearing/Response?
- Your positions as to why the other party’s statements are not true
- Your recent pay information
- Your recent costs related to benefits for the child(ren)
- Your recent costs as to childcare, extra education expenses, and/or extraordinary expenses
- Your income tax returns
- Anything else that shows why the other party’s Petition is incorrect and should not be granted by the Court as it is written
- Any change in your current family as to the number of children and if you provide support for any other children not common to this case
Remember, if you do not agree with the Petition, the Court can, and will, enter the Child Support Order the other party submitted with their Petition and you will be ordered to pay whatever the Court says is the new child support amount. So, it is very important that you file something within the time frame allowed or your non-participation will result in you paying an amount of support you believe to be incorrect.
If you would like to get started on your Response, we can help. Sign up for your free Access Legal Account today! <button data-doc=”MTQx” class=”getAldPkg”>Get Started With This Package</button>