Consent Decree Without Children

What is a Consent Decree Without Children Document?

This is the final order dissolving your marriage (completing your divorce) or enabling a legal separation. It tells the court that you and your spouse (Petitioner and Respondent) have come to agreement on all the major issues surrounding your divorce. You or your spouse completes the document and submits it to the judge for approval. As long as the Judge thinks the agreement is essentially fair and equitable, it will be signed and will be your final divorce decree.

Get My Consent Decree Now

Access Legal’s smart software will walk you through the steps of completing your document. Get started by creating your free account today. There is no charge until you download your completed document.

Very Important Information

What are the Steps Leading Up to the Consent Decree?

Before you may submit your Consent Decree to the court, make sure you meet the following requirements:

  1. At least 60 days must pass after the Dissolution of Marriage Petition was served (or the Respondent signed an Acceptance of Service) before the judge will actually sign the decree. If you submit the decree prior to the 60 day waiting period, be prepared to follow up and call the Judge when the 60 days has passed.
  2. Before submitting your consent decree, you and your spouse must prepare and sign (in front of a notary) a written settlement agreement or consent decree. The settlement agreement or consent decree resolves all issues, including:
  3. Other requirements include paying all filing or other fees associated with the case
  • Division of property
  • Division of bills/payments
  • Spousal maintenance
  • And more

I’ve Completed Those Steps, Now What?

Finally, you will present the Consent Decree to the judge for his/her signature. Note: If either you or your spouse was represented by an attorney, the attorney must sign the document too.

If the judge finds the Consent Decree acceptable and the 60-day period has passed, the judge will sign the decree and grant you the legal separation or dissolution of marriage (divorce)